It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:33 am

Forum rules

Only development questions will be answered at this point.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Alpha Release of the ImageBam API vs2 
Site Admin

Dear Developers,

thank you for your patience. I am aware of the fact that you have waited for this update for a long time. The new API is part of a totally rewritten version of ImageBam and will include many new functionalities. Also the authorization procedures of the API have been adjusted to industry standards (OAuth).

In the next couple days a small amount of developers will be granted access to the alpha version of the API. If you have interest in developing an application based on the API please post below.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm

I think you know my interest LOL

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 pm
Site Admin

Arms wrote:
I think you know my interest LOL

Yes I do ;) Would have sent you a message until tomorrow.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Hello, I'm interested on deleveping a plugin for phpBB based on Imagebam API. My idea is to add a "Browse" button just below the post text area and when the user sends the image the servers uploads it to Imagebam and inserts automatically the BB code with Javascript which includes the thumbnail and a link to the Image.

I would be very pleased of having access to the alpha release of Imagebam API and to report bugs.

Tue May 04, 2010 4:44 pm
Site Admin

luisdgg wrote:
Hello, I'm interested on deleveping a plugin for phpBB based on Imagebam API. My idea is to add a "Browse" button just below the post text area and when the user sends the image the servers uploads it to Imagebam and inserts automatically the BB code with Javascript which includes the thumbnail and a link to the Image.

I would be very pleased of having access to the alpha release of Imagebam API and to report bugs.

Hello luisdgg

Please keep in mind that an account is needed where the images will be uploaded to. So either your users will have to register for their own ImageBam account or all images are uploaded to your account.

I will send you a PM with more information about the API.

Tue May 04, 2010 4:51 pm

That's the main idea. I would like to do it for my forum. I would like to apply (when the option gets available) for a Imagebam premium hoster account, so I would like to use the same account in Imagebam for uploading all my users photos and making it very easy and fast for them.

Tue May 04, 2010 4:55 pm
Site Admin

luisdgg wrote:
That's the main idea. I would like to do it for my forum. I would like to apply (when the option gets available) for a Imagebam premium hoster account, so I would like to use the same account in Imagebam for uploading all my users photos and making it very easy and fast for them.

I have to disappoint you about the premium hoster account at the moment. We have decided to not publish that as for now.

Tue May 04, 2010 5:10 pm

I would be interested to create a ruby library for the new API, when do you think it will be available?

Thanks a lot!

Tue May 25, 2010 2:14 pm
Site Admin

simo2409 wrote:
I would be interested to create a ruby library for the new API, when do you think it will be available?

Thanks a lot!

The API is done but still in beta testing. Please PM me if you wish to participate so I can send you over the needed information.

Wed May 26, 2010 10:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]